- A.B., Vassar College, 1989
- M.A., Syracuse University, 1992
- J.D., Syracuse University, 1992
- Ph.D., Louisiana State University, 2016
- New Jersey, 1992
- New York, 1993
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1997
- Co-Director, Press Law and Democracy Project, Louisiana State University, 2013-2016
- Of Counsel, Counts Law Group, 2012-2015
- Affiliate Scholar, Digital Media Law Project, Harvard Law School’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society, 2009-2014
- Deputy Director, National Center for Courts and Media, University of Nevada, Reno, 2010-2012
- Chambers Attorney, New York State Supreme Court, 2010
ERIC P. ROBINSON
Eric P. Robinson is Of Counsel to Fenno Law Firm, where his practice focuses on First Amendment, news media, Internet and copyright law. He is also an associate professor teaching media law at the School of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of South Carolina. Mr. Robinson previously taught media law at Louisiana State University, the University of Nevada-Reno, the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, and Baruch College. Mr. Robinson’s previous legal experience includes serving as a staff attorney at the Media Law Resource Center and a legal fellow at the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press. Mr. Robinson has also been an attorney and policy aide for federal, state, and local government officials.
Mr. Robinson is a prolific author, having published books and articles in numerous journals and encyclopedias. He writes a monthly column on legal issues for journalists for the South Carolina Press Association. His most recent books are Cyberlaw and Ethics: Regulation of the Connected World and chapters of the new, sixth edition of Media Law and Ethics. His prior books include the legal reference book Internet Law: The Complete Guide, for which he was the lead contributor, and Reckless Disregard: St. Amant v. Thompson and the Transformation of Libel Law. A full list of his publications can be found here.
Mr. Robinson is also recognized as a leading authority on legal issues involving new media and technology, and has spoken at conferences and been interviewed on these issues numerous times. A list of his speaking engagements can be found here.